Tuesday 6 December 2011

Rouleau Pocket: done

I am making a Meringue skirt from the pattern in the Colette Sewing Handbook. This is a very easy pattern and would have been super speedy had I not decided to make a Rouleau Pocket following this tutorial on the Colette website. Basically, first make bias binding. Then sew it into shape. Then put up with alot of daft comments from the others at your sewing class about your change falling out of your pocket.

I am pleased with it though, this is it attached to the skirt front:


I will sew up the skirt next week at class, I am a bit distracted this week and have lots to do.... but I have a feeling the pocket will have taken longer than the skirt to make....

8 comments:

  1. This pocket will really make the skirt ! Im sure !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, pretty! Can't wait to see a photo of you wearing the completed skirt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh very swish! Who said pockets had to be practical anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it may have taken time but it looks great and you lovely that you sound so pleased! Can not wait to see that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks great! Thanks for the link to the tutorial - I missed it first time around, so it's definitely something I'll give a go! Looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls, yes, it was worth the effort ;0) Hope to have the skirt done next week.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charolette,
    this is adorable. Looks very complicated.eeeh..
    Great job.. cant wait to see the completed skirt, on my favrorite sewing girl..
    Are you ready for Christmas?? Not me..Battling this ole asthma again..Doctor wont let me out of the house.eeeh.. I need to buy 'Santa".. Grandkids are beginning to question, why my Christmas tree has NO PACKAGES.lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Judy, sending you good Christmas thoughts for a healthy 2012 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete