Saturday 24 December 2011

Reindeer food - it could be magic!


Mia and her friend Charlotte made magical reindeer food this afternoon. This is to sprinkle on the drive so Rudolph and his friends will see where to land.

If you want to make this (maybe next year?) you will need:
  • porridge oats
  • sparkly stuff like glitter (whatever you have)
  • wooden spoon per child
  • big bowl
Erm, that's it. Put a couple of handfuls of porridge oats in the bowl. Add glitter (or silver balls or whatever). Stir. Obviously you will have to do the magic spell to make it work. Personally I stir it and wave my hand about and make up a rhyme. This is a bit embarrassing because I made it up on the spot. This is what I said "Stir the food nice and slow, show the reindeer where to go". I tried to look mystical.

The magical food has been sprinkled outside, we have put out two carrots and the mince pie is on the mantel.

Bring it on Santa!

Merry Christmas! xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Ahem...is this a good time to say me and my sister recently did this and sprinkled it all over our parent's front garden (which is on a main road) and we're both a lot older than your kids! hehe! Fun whatever your age!

    I like your magic rhyming skills too!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very funny Mimi - hope you had fun and Santa's reindeer find you. Did you have a magic rhyme?????
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...what fun. I think I heard Santa Claus and his reindeer ,when they landed at Mia's house last night...They were so enjoying the food... And the magical words [so they told me], was the best directions they had ever gotten.. Hope your having lots of fun today,Mia..

    ReplyDelete