Sunday 30 January 2011

unexpected vintage fashion

Went out for a Sunday potter today and stopped at Ayscoughfee Hall in Spalding where they used to have a delightfully unPC collection of stuffed birds, obviously a previous owner of the house or somesuch had an obsession with oddities and stuffing endangered species for fun. It was a sight to see and extravagantly pointless. Anyway I thought my little girl would like the birds so we went into the museum. Of course they have refurbished it and made it into the most dull and lecturing display you can imagine. All in the name of education I imagine. Sigh.

However imagine my surprise when I find a display I actually like in a sideroom:
In the tradition of the erstwhile birds display I have no idea why it was there. There was no explanation of the pattern, owner or date, just some vague guff about the 1950s and 60s and the factory the shoes came from.

Great though, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment