Thursday 24 November 2011

I heart the Colette Sewing Handbook

Do you know the saying "stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea"? On the one hand I hate reviews that are just big sucky up love fests and on the other hand I cannot find one thing I dislike about the Colette Sewing Handbook by Sarai Mitnick.

You only have to take one look at her website http://www.colettepatterns.com/ to know you are in for a whole world of loveliness.

So this is not a review. It is a simple statement: I LOVE this book. Here are some things I already love:

1. The patterns are printed separately not all on top of each other in a big jumble.
2. The sizes go up to US size 18, really very generous.
3. The book including 5 patterns cost £16 and some change from http://www.thebookdepository.co.uk/ (no P and P). Normally Colette patterns are £12.50 EACH plus P and P. This book is a bargain.

My first make from the book has been started. This book is a feast for the eyes. Buy it now!

PS I got so excited about the patterns being printed in a sensible manner that I took a dreadful photo of a pattern sheet. Mental.

6 comments:

  1. Thats it, I want it, I have managed to resist until now but seeing those patterns well I'm sold. Do you think it would be wrong to buy another book for myself or should I ask for it for christmas ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cheap for what you get - I couldn't wait until Christmas! I say buy it now..... it would make a lovely thing to look forward to though.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the book today as part of the holiday bundle (so I chose the Clover and Eclair patterns to go with it). I'm excited to get the book. I paid a little extra since it's a signed copy from her shop, but 7 patterns for US$50 is still a pretty sweet deal!

    By the way, I loved your Halloween photo shoot for the Sew Weekly challenge. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!! I have been BEGGING for this for Christmas. If I don't get it, I may just cry :) Cannot wait to see your first project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charolette, i cant wait to see what you will make first.
    I too love the book. It is so easy to understand. Most of the sewing books, are written for some type of brain scientist or something.lol
    I havent made anything from it yet.. But , I am totally enjoying reading it.
    It is so worth the money..

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great is this book!!! I can't wait to get started on the patterns included in it! Looking fwd to seeing your first project. :)

    ReplyDelete