Tuesday 17 May 2011

Beginner sewalong, yes please!

I heard about this sewalong at a fashionable stitch, using the brand new Ginger skirt pattern from Colette patterns.

I have started to see the two new patterns from Colette on sewweekly.com, as well as the Ginger skirt, a lovely blouse pattern called Violet. Pattern envy! So, dear reader, I bought them.

Here's what the postie brought today all the way from America:




Gorgeous, n'est-ce pas?

The sewalong started yesterday, but is at quite a sedate pace (beginner! hooray!) so I am not behind. All we have had to do so far is pick fabric - a medium weight one.

I can't buy any more fabric after the weekend's splurge, so I am thinking of these curtains:


I also need a zip - 9". I have one of 7", one of 13" and one of 20". Sausages.


The middle one will have to do. Still not sure about the fabric, more thought required.

4 comments:

  1. You are so good, I love your fabric choice. This is the hardest part for me, still can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is gorgeous! You should so try using it - I bet it would look lovely made up as a skirt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charolette,
    I too joined the ginger skirt sew along.It will be fun..and it looks really simple and I think a good garment to wear..
    I have made the violet blouse twice already..oh..it is the most wonderful blouse ,I have ever made.you will love it.. not only is it easy..but it is so comfortable.
    I love the curtain fabric you posted for the skirt.. would be beautiful... cant wait to see what you choose?
    I cant decide between a solid red or a blue and white floral denim.. I like them both..oooh decisions..Ha.
    Happy Sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charolette..
    How is your ginger coming along??? Have you finished it yet?? What fabric did you choose. I love the pink fabric ..so pretty..
    I ended up doing the solid red for a muslin..but it was wearable.. Now. I am working on the blue floral. They are really quite comfortable for everyday wearing..
    Hope you have a good day.. Happy Sewing.

    ReplyDelete