Sunday 20 March 2011

green green green

Last week on sewweekly.com, going green for St Patrick's day. No time, no green fabric, no real ideas... but you've got to be in it to win it, so I went for a super easy pattern with only 4 pattern pieces (front, back, arm facing, neck facing) and made the top right item in a smidge over 2 hours:


And here I am in it, there is green there, honestly....


Even though I am quite busty the cowl neck doesn't seem too much frontage, I hope. I may be delusional, of course.

While I am on the subject of busts, I also return to the topic of knitting (of which I have done none) - the mother in law has produced some knitted boobs, yes, knitted boobs, at the request of a friend. Apparently they use knitted boobs as a teaching aid to encourage breast feeding. As a keen advocate of breast is best I am very happy Sue was able to help, and this is the surreal result:

Three of them are purple with black nipples. One is baby pink with a brown nipple. Sue just used the wool she had. I have no idea how they use these in the breast feeding class but at least they will have a good laugh! We certainly did.

Finally, I have spent too much money on a pattern that is just gorgeous. I have no idea if I will ever make it as I may have overreached myself. I don't know if I paid too much money, but I had to have it.

Divine, isn't it, darlings?

No comments:

Post a Comment